Little air condition help please gents!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aka rotten

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000,4.6 No problems other then this at all and i just noticed this today.Air while running down road will be working fine and all the sudden it just stops blowin,then mabee 30 sec to a min. it,ll start blowin again thru vents,no noise at all,air cold as ice,heat seems to work fine.Got my head scratchin on this one,any ideas from you experts to this ol fat guy?Thanks

02expi

Reaction score
Have you noticed if you are going up a hill when it stops? and is it blowing out the defroster vents?

One Mean Green

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does this all the time, I think its normal. Mine has climate control that keeps a constant temperature, i.e. where ever you set it at mine has a digital display. When it gets satisfied it reduces the blower speed and output.

OP
OP
A

aka rotten

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife says she noticed it when she pushes on the gas pedel mostly,as i sais before all else seems to work properly.and mine is not a digital system if that helps.Also i did not notice if it was blowing thru defroster vents,i,ll check today.Thanks

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I understand your post correctly, the blower motor stops working and then starts up sometime later. Check the plug on the blower motor for a good tight connection and also check the fan switch.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I would check the blower motor resistor. A common part that goes bad..had to replace mine when it burned up.. :eek:
One of the connectors on the plug also burned up. Had to repair it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

aka rotten

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok,i,m a dummy where is the resister and how do you test it and where is this plug ya,ll speak of,I,m not a motor head so i,ll ask and learn mabee.And yes your assumption is right blower just stops blowing for a bit then comes back on,all funtions as it should when its on.Thanks,Paul

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Ok,i,m a dummy where is the resister and how do you test it and where is this plug ya,ll speak of,I,m not a motor head so i,ll ask and learn mabee.And yes your assumption is right blower just stops blowing for a bit then comes back on,all funtions as it should when its on.Thanks,Paul

Blower motor resistor is under the dash passenger side kinda behind the glove box. Will have to see if I can dig up photo or take one. Not easy to get to. :(

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is a little hose that is behind the battery. you cant miss it. it goes into the firewall. check that for cracks. if its broken just push it into the firewall. mins broke and only air in the vents would work. now all better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1