Lock mechanism completely hosed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tschroeder250

Reaction score
Here's the deal.

My friend's kid pushed the lock "tab" down into the right rear door. Door is shut and locked, window up. Electrical window and lock will not work. Thus, no access to mechanicals (would make my life easy) or removal of the trim panel (can't reach a couple of the screws). The local service guy was able to pry the trim panel off the top few tabs, but there is still no access to the mechanism.

I took the other door apart to use as a guide and discovered that there were two "rods" leading to the lock. The first was the handle. The other was the lock "tab" and it had a sleeved cable that ran over to the lock mechanism. On the broken side, this second attachment (unsleeved, BTW) was completly detached at the lock end.

Any thoughts? I am scheduled to visit the service department next Tuesday, but spending a couple hundred bucks to have pieces of my interior destroyed and replaced doesn't seem like a great solution.