long wheel lugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks SkyJumper...are you running spacers? how thick?

My spacers are 1" and I too could not mount my new tires and rims as the rims was laying against the front calipers.

Here is the link, these were the cheapest I found in the 1" thickness,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320727115723?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

FREEWAY;
anyone know the length of the standard lug nuts???

My stock lugs were 7/8 in depth, the new chrome aftermarket A-Corn's are 1 and 5/8" in depth from rim surface to lug end, as they are the long ones. The aftermarket ones I have are beveled at the rim mating surface compared to the flat mount lugs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good stuff...i'll order thesse and hope they work

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ SkyJumper...do you have spacers or adapters?

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ SkyJumper...do you have spacers or adapters?

I have 1" spacers, the term spacer is just that spacing something (rims from rotor) without any alteration or modification to use them. Adapters are spacers that mount to rotor with one lug pattern, but allow you to utilize rims of another lug pattern, hence the term adapter.

If yu are looking on E-Bay or other websites you will run across both spacers and adapters as the title of the product, but that is only a sales technique to gain more online traffic. Just as the spacers I bought, they were titled spacer/adapter, but I honestly do not know if the seller even knows the difference between the two terms.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320727115723?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Last edited:
OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just verifying what you have...some use "spacers" loosely and actually mean adapters...good deal...

starbuck478

Reaction score
hey guys,
i know this is a little late to jump on the thread but i'm interested in buying some spacers for my 03 xlt. i know skyjumper said he has 1" and freeway has .5" how do you guys like the respective sizes? have you run into any problems with them other than getting appropriate sized lugs nuts?

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey guys,
have you run into any problems with them other than getting appropriate sized lugs nuts?

The spacers are working as they were intended to do and that was to bring the rim out further away from the brake calipers. But to correct your statement on the lugs, the lugs are the same either stock lugs or the lugs used with the spacers, and that being said the lug nuts needed were the same. The spacers did not change the need for different lug nuts. It is just so happen that the lugs needed were long Chrome A-Corns for both stock and spacer applications, the short lug nuts referred in this thread was that of stock open ended lug nuts, not the chrome a-corns. The chrome lugs needed for my 99 Expy were not available in the local stores, and were only available through Summit Racing.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have yet to put them on...that will prob be wednesday...let you know then...

starbuck478

Reaction score
thanks for the clarification look forward to hearing how it goes. if its not too much to ask think you could post up some before and after pics from the front of the truck to see the visual effect the spacers have versus a measurement?