looking at a 15 EL XLT. engine sounds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The window sticker for the listing shows daytime running lights for $45.00.

That option was not available to retail purchasers, or dealer stock-orders, but only offered to fleet purchasers.

So what are you saying?

OP
OP
S

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A local lady traded it in for a new Expedition. It was all highway miles and she babied this vehicle, she just took a trip to California before she traded it in and I would take another in it now. She serviced it with us before hand and was always sure to fix or replace anything as needed. They were a very good couple that maintained everything they owned. It would be very difficult to find another one in this kind of shape.

This is what the salesman says about it.

MidwestBoater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On a used ecoboost I would want to see a maintenance log. When I bought mine with 57,*** miles the vehicle history report showed that it had gotten oil changes every 5,000 miles at the dealership since new. Frequent oil changes (and full synthetic) are imperative to the life expectancy of a turbo charged and direct injected engine. I have 98,*** on mine now and it's dead silent on cold startups other than a nice little whistle from the turbos.

Looks like a great deal if there is proof of maintenance.

Just my 2 cents.

A local lady traded it in for a new Expedition. It was all highway miles and she babied this vehicle, she just took a trip to California before she traded it in and I would take another in it now. She serviced it with us before hand and was always sure to fix or replace anything as needed. They were a very good couple that maintained everything they owned. It would be very difficult to find another one in this kind of shape.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Ask the salesman to see the vehicle title - so you can determine the previous owner and how long they owned the vehicle. Then, you could contact the previous owner and verify what the salesman told you is accurate.

How would a salesman know all of the 100,000+ miles were “highway miles” and the vehicle was “babied”?

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ask the salesman to see the vehicle title - so you can determine the previous owner and how long they owned the vehicle. Then, you could contact the previous owner and verify what the salesman told you is accurate.

How would a salesman know all of the 100,000+ miles were “highway miles” and the vehicle was “babied”?

Agreed, no accountability for a statement like that, if it’s only words. It is literally coming from a used car salesman.