Loss of AC after Water Pump Replacement? ‘09 EL-SSV/XLT 176k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheFordFortress

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe completely unrelated, and just a matter of way too coincidental timing, but I had my water pump replaced this past Saturday and now on Wednesday I went to turn on my AC and find that I have just warm air blowing from the AC and no compressor running.

It could be loss of refrigerant which I know when refrigerant is low compressor also does not run. I have had a good summer with the AC running correctly after adding refrigerant at the beginning of the summer.

How many connections are there to the AC compressor that I should look at electrically?

Has anybody else seen this or am I just putting two things together that may not have anything to do with one another?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Others WILL chime in, be patient. Chances are, a connector for the compressor or one of the required specialities was disconnected to allow access for a tool so the wire wouldn't be damaged. You can either look for it yourself in the areas surrounding the water pump if you can see back there, you may be able to spot it!

Good luck,

jeff