Loss of power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rescuer3

rescuer3

Reaction score
Thanks. I am going to try removing the O2 sensors and run it just to see if that helps before I actually cut into the exhaust. If it does, I will replace the front 2 and either hollow out or remove the 2 rear. It will be a while before I get the time to do this, but I will post what I find.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would not remove the front O2's because the engine uses these to determine the fuel mixture that is injected into the cylinders.

OP
OP
rescuer3

rescuer3

Reaction score
Thanks, I guess I will get parts ordered then.

OP
OP
rescuer3

rescuer3

Reaction score
Update; Got the new cats installed today ( front only, deleted the back) and the differnce is amazing. Got the power back and fuel milage is as good or better than before. Thanks for the help.

gser425

Reaction score
Hi rescuer did you replace front cats with oem or aftermarket. I am in nc as well and am interested in the rear cat delete. I just don't want to start chasing emission codes to get my 05 inspected. Thanks Stuart

OP
OP
rescuer3

rescuer3

Reaction score
It has been almost 2 months, no codes or other problems so far. Cats were replaced with high flow from Eastern. I did weld in a bung for the rear o2 sensor so it is still in place.