Lost my diff.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandonian

Reaction score
Did it grenade or just junk the teeth of the gears and lose bearings? I second the Master Rebuild kit if it didn't grenade (or if it did grenade and didn't destroy the housing)

I've learned that dealers don't catch a lot. Just bought a 1 owner 2016 with 140k through a dealer, can't believe I financed a car with that many miles (puke emoji here) - but it looked well kept. Already had a catalytic converter fail within a week of buying it, and now the mechanical water pump went....dealer was already in there replacing valve cover gasket and "auxiliary" water pump before I bought it, but somehow those just happened to "miss" the inspection. Fortunately they'll cover the catalytic just waiting for backorder part to come in. But that dealer gave me a huge long list of things they checked, needless to say I am displeased with their inspect - they wanted to charge me $1k to replace a $75 water pump, not at all something I would pay. I'd say any mainstream dealer is a complete scam these days - I hate buying cars, would rather buy from a small town dealer than a big nationwide dealer any day.

I've also learn that "certified" cars are often "certified" by inspection only and don't always come with a powertrain warranty - lovely play of scam words.

Hope it's back up and going soon!