Low Oil Pressure With Video of issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not really sure whats going on with my oil pressure, but for the past couple days at random at start up my oil light will go on and bounce back and forth like what is in the video. It goes away once i start driving (normally)

Wasnt sure if this was something that might be an easy fix? Oh...and in the video i said 44, but it was actually around 34 so it's close to freezing. Is something in the oil line that might be freezing up?

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=24453411

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, unfortunately, but I don't know how to fix it...this would be a good thing to show how to fix in the how to section...

mustangswan

Reaction score
It is a common problem with the oil pressure switch. Which is not a true guage. If you have over 10-15 psi oil pressure it shows up on the guage. Normally the switch is close to the oil filter area. The switches are not that spendy. Also it is not the one that requires a special shaped 8 point socket, just a deep socket most of the times. This problem was more so on rangers and explorers.

OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
cool i'll check it out....thanks for the info guys! Now i just need to catch my weird idle in the process!

XLTman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey 4x4 does your idle your rough up and down? i know mine does that but you cant tell on the rpm gauge

OP
OP

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by XLTman
Hey 4x4 does your idle your rough up and down? i know mine does that but you cant tell on the rpm gauge

yes!! it happens every once in a while, but it will idle rough and bounce back and forth from about 500 to 1000 rpm.....any idea on what is causing this?