Lowered expy, towing....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonl

Reaction score
I have an 05 Expedition Limited. It has 2,2 lowering springs and 305/40/22's. The offset of the wheels are perfect. As in nearly flush with the fender lip in the rear. I want to tow my boat, but with the boat hooked up, the rear wheel is with in 1" of the rear fender. I do not want it to rub. Has anyone seen 1" rear strut spacers? Or should I raise it back up with stock springs? Or is there a better way to go for towing?

Last edited:

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can see my specs in my signature below, My offset isnt that far out to rub in the rear, but I am pretty low, My problem with towing my 16ft and Polaris ranger crew is when I hit a dip on the road my axle hits my frame,

As soon a s i get the time and xtra cash Im going to purchase a set of Airlift helper bags, they go inside the rear coils and you air them up for towing/ stiffining the rear suspension.

I am assuming you have rear coil springs?

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm That is different?? I would email airlift company and see what they offer.