Towing Squat Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TravisD

Reaction score
Brand new 2023 Max King Ranch with HD Tow option. My boat/trailer combo weighs 8000 pounds plus or minus a hundred pounds depending on fuel and i e load on the boat. I’m getting a full 4-6 inches of squat on the rear suspension when I put the load on the hitch. The front end, measured at the top of the fender arch, is only lifting up about 3/8-1/2 inch. I’ve looked everywhere I know and cant find an airbag or spring helper for the new Expy. Is there any suspension fix for this, or is my only solution to the squat a weight distributing hitch?

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, you are definitely at the weight that ford requires a WDH...so yes I would say you need to start there. It seems that a lot of people are also using the sumospring things. I am only at about 6-700lbs of hitch weight so I find the WDH enough for me and don't have a huge amount of squat.