lowering springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racerock

Reaction score
Originally posted by MANDOS04
Wathever you do DON'T CUT THE SPRINGS!!!! You'll be bouncing like the lo-lo's I see riding around best thing to do is do it rigth the first time. I think Eibach makes some springs not sure

Agreed. And if you have the option of specific rate, or variable rate springs from Eibach, go for specific. They are not that much more stiff, but handle really great - At least on my Mustang:D

xpe

Reaction score
Lowering a 03 Expedition

You mentioned about lowering your exp with springs then converting to bags. What bags did you end up using and what set up do you have? Im very interested in lowering my truck and would like to get it to a nice ride height but Im afraid that the springs just arent going to cut it. Im rollin on 20's also.

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Stock springs do have some "Dead" springs that can be cut to lower the truck without compromising the ride quality, but I wouldn't recommend it. You have to be precise, and after experimenting on my civics with this, it's better just to get aftermarket springs AND shocks. You'll generally blow the stock shocks in a few months.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might as well try it since it's free, and if you don't like it you were planning on buying new springs anyway...

xpe

Reaction score
Shock lifeline

When lowering your 03' expedition, you change out springs to the Eibach (which is now available). Once that is completed, if anyone can help, what shocks do you recommend replacing to or do you still use the stock shocks and what is the lifetime on it? Thanks for those that reply.... Its much appreciated.

GE2

Reaction score
I used the stock shocks when I had the EIbach springs in there. They seemed to work just fine.