lube or not...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legendary70

Reaction score
Hello all.

Was wondering if my 2013 ford expedition needs to be lubed? not really sure what all that means. thanks ahead of time for any advice.

thx

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably referring to lubing various chassis parts: ball joints, tie rods, etc.

I’d be surprised if you have any that need to be lubed- unless they are non-OE replacement parts.

Plati

Reaction score
Reason #43 to the read the Owners Manual.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My guess would be that he/she took it in for an oil change and was told they did an oil and lube job, or maybe lube was more $, and wanted to see if they needed it or not? Not a stupid question but alot of places will sell you anything to make more money. Kinda like changing your oil every 3000 miles...

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Back when I first started wrenching on cars, lubing was included in the price of the oil change. Cars and trucks came from the factory with lube fittings. I remember having to lube like 6-10 different spots, including the driveshaft. My how things have changed.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Remember having to grease all those zerk fittings? Those were the days...

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I always spray door latches and hinges. I have seen older vehicles, that were over filled and grease oozing, from a popped boot. Replacement ball joints do have the zerks.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford doesn't include them anymore cuz guess what? They want to sell you parts. Problem is, by the time you need them, Ford's already discontinued them from their parts Dept. We end up with Moog, or some aftermarket brand. Luckily Moog, and some top ones, are decent quality.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk