Marbles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Defyant

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a marble somewhere. Or at least that’s what it sounds like. Some where inside the drivers door or dash area under certain citations, you can hear a distinct “marble swirling in a bowl” sound. The truck has to rock in just the right way to recreate it. Just swinging the door doesn’t quite do it.

Anyone else have this issue?

2021 XLT 4k miles

nolATX

Reaction score
Yep, I have it as well and it drives me crazy. I’d say it’s more of a BB size than marble for me

Haywood

Reaction score
I had the same noise. The check engine light was flashing so I knew it was a misfire. Changed the coil but it was too late. The unturned fuel caused my cat to shit the bed. Replaced the cat and all is good. Don’t go to the big name muffler shops. They want $2500. Went to a mom and pop shop $400.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only heard that type of a noise in a vehicle once before. It was in my, at the time, brand new 2012 GT500 and it came and went. It only happened after a car wash or drive in the rain and it went away after the car was in the sun for a day or two. If your "marbles" behave similarly, keep reading; otherwise, this may not be your problem.

Turns out with my GT500 it was a Urethane gap on the windshield in the upper "A" pillar that would allow water to run down into a stiffening "channel" that ran cross car in the upper cowl panel (steel part that supports the bottom of the windshield). Note that no water ever ended up anywhere in the passenger compartment and the urethane gap was only about 1". About a tablespoon of water would then "run" from side to side trapped between the steel reinforcement and the windshield whenever there was enough height change or "g" change to move it. Sounded just like a marble. Then, when the car heated up enough, the water would evaporate out and the sound would disappear, only to return when the car was exposed to water again.

Note, while my problem was factory generated, I can imagine this could happen during a routine windshield replacement as well.

The rest of the story is that I contacted the Flat Rock Plant Vehicle Team Supervisor, who was a former team member of mine and discussed it - not knowing anything other than the "marble" description. They were able to discover the root cause, isolate the relatively small amount of production affected and generated a recall action off of my complaint and they flew down and tested the successful repair on my vehicle in NC a few days later.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT