Middle Console Latch Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve been having a major rattle on the middle console lid, and located it on the right side front passenger latch. Any ideas to correct?

it appears to latch just fine, but I can see the right side has a ton of play and therefore rattles while driving unless I put pressure on it.

Annoying AF!!!

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve been having a major rattle on the middle console lid, and located it on the right side front passenger latch. Any ideas to correct?

it appears to latch just fine, but I can see the right side has a ton of play and therefore rattles while driving unless I put pressure on it.

Annoying AF!!!

I'd try adding some self adhesive felt under the landing location for the rubber bumpers to add additional tension on the latch when it's closed. Have you put a lot of weight on the armrest cover? (maybe kids climbing through to the 2nd row, etc?). Perhaps the rubber bumpers have been smashed if that's the case.

newusername

Reaction score
I'm having a bunch of noise from the center console where it meets the dash, kind of like a squeaking crackling noise when hitting bumps. Disappointing for a 90K SUV. Funny that my 1 ton truck with the same interior doesn't make a peep over the same rough roads and its 4 years old with 100k on it and it rides like a box truck!

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd try adding some self adhesive felt under the landing location for the rubber bumpers to add additional tension on the latch when it's closed. Have you put a lot of weight on the armrest cover? (maybe kids climbing through to the 2nd row, etc?). Perhaps the rubber bumpers have been smashed if that's the case.

Wow you called it! I looked and am missing one of the rubber nipples. Now I have to find out where to get a replacement.

Fizzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow you called it! I looked and am missing one of the rubber nipples. Now I have to find out where to get a replacement.

Doesn't look like it's available as its own part in the parts catalogue - just with the Lid Assembly. Ford dealer could confirm though.