Miles to empty readout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanpe

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited and my miles to empty readout suddenly shot up to 490 miles after a fill up. I drove it for 3/4 of a tank thinking it would readjust but it stilled showed 160 miles when I had less than 1/4 of a tank. I refueled and it now shows 485 miles to empty which can't be correct. For the first 10 tanks it was very accurate, even when I was towing my Lance. Ideas?

Mlarv

Reaction score
Winter gas, wind, heaver foot on the skinny peddle, stuck in more traffic, more smaller trips, more longer trips, etc

My MPE read out goes up and down all the time. I look at how much I have left in the tank and just fill. It will keep changing as you dive. As stated above lots of things are affecting it.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you just take a long trip with no trailer? If so and you got 19 or 20 mpg it could be correct. In any case go into the fuel mileage section and reset the mileage and it will relearn.