Military Move - Gotta Tow the Car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome and thank you for your service.

Recently I got my self a 240sx and had to tow it across Florida with an extra engine and transmission in the car full of junk and my expedition were all my tools just incase. it was +90* that day and the car ran fine at highway speeds for hours no problems at all you should be fine.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360987048397.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360987048397.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 944
OP
OP
S

smokinstang65

Reaction score
I literally LOL'd at that picture Alaskan. Thanks for the comments folks, its definitely easing the worry I was having about the upcoming move. Unfortunately, with one month left before I'm supposed to move, the Navy still hasn't seen fit to tell me where I'm going so for all I know it could be a 3 hour jaunt over to Groton, CT or cross country through the Rockies and Cascades to Bremerton, WA or the Sierra nevadas down to San Diego. I guess as long as it gets me out of NY I'll be happy ;). I think I'll see about getting an external transmission oil cooler installed if for nothing else, I intend to be living in Texas when I get out of the service here in 3 years so hauling stuff in that heat might very well warrant it. I think now the only thing I've got to worry about on this thing is what to mod first (CAI/exhaust), which aftermarket Nav system to get installed and figure how to fix that blasted clicking from the back seats when the heater's on back there.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i towed my moms 2007 jeep patriot loaded with stuff in back of my expy from LA to Flagstaff, with no problem. I was able to do 70-75 with no problems.

OP
OP
S

smokinstang65

Reaction score
And in epic Navy fashion, after prepping for a cross country run towing the Shelby ... orders come through and I'm Hawaii bound. So much for towing lol.

OP
OP
S

smokinstang65

Reaction score
Well, i will say, bringing the Expy out to the islands was a great choice. I've carried so much dive gear its not even funny. This thing is excellent for carrying divers and dive gear to shore spots to put in. Unfortunately the front suspension just took a major crap on me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1