Mirror swap on 2005 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

droback

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm sure this is on here somewhere, but I have been looking and can't find it. I would like to swap out the mirrors on my '05 XLT with the Eddie Bauer turn signal mirrors. I have a couple questions.

First, can it be done rather easily? I know there is some sort of wiring issue with the turn signals.

Second, if it can be done, where would I have the best luck finding the mirrors?

Thanks!

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First of all it can be done, the plug is the same but you are missing one wire on each mirror plug. Second look on ebay or the salvage yard that where I got mines. My mirrors costed about $100 for both. That was the first mod I did when I brought my 03 new.

OP
OP
D

droback

Reaction score
Thanks corvette, I'm very naive when it comes to wiring, how do I go about fixing the wiring issue?

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Right now I've got to get some things to take of and then I can tell you what wires goes where, the hush panels and the door panel on both side have to be removed and you use a wire tap connector on all connection point which there are 4.

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hopefully when I take the doors and the hush panels loose I will take some pictures and post it in the "How to section"

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also look at navigator mirrors...a couple of people have bought the smoke lenses from the navi and but on their truck...i'll be doing the same soon...

OP
OP
D

droback

Reaction score
corvette,
That sounds awesome, let me know when you get it figured out. I could definitely use the help.

soulja,
That sounds like a good idea too. I'm gussing the '05 Navi mirrors would be compatible with the '05 Expy?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah...should be a clean swap...you could check ebay and see which are cheap (same mirror) and buy the lenses ($90)