Mirrors Tilt in Reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 360 camera doesn't do a damn thing for avoiding curb rash, when parallel parking with the 22" wheels. For an $80k truck, this simple programming functionality should be a no brainer.
That’s why you use the red yellow green rectangle on the reverse camera. Line the curb up with the outside of either line and you’ll never curb rash it. The rectangle it makes is your safety box and if your outside the box when backing or parallel parking you won’t scrub the tires. I can parallel park my 16 EL with 35s that stick out over an 1” outside the fenders without ever curbing them

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 360 camera doesn't do a damn thing for avoiding curb rash, when parallel parking with the 22" wheels. For an $80k truck, this simple programming functionality should be a no brainer.
How is this so? The camera shows you the full perimeter of the vehicle and its up to you to not slam it into things like curbs and such. Its all visible on the screen if you rely on that camera.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Diameter of the wheels has zero to do with curb rashing. Width would, not diameter. Maybe take a drivers education course??

Wheel diameter plays a large role in curb rash. If you have 17" wheels, the wheels rarely get to the curb as the rubber hits it first and takes the scuff. If you have 22" wheels, the rim is right down at the curb height and the tire profile is minimal, so the wheel often gets a scuff if you curb it with poor judgement. Judgement cures all of this, but the bigger wheels are easier to scar if not careful.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wheel diameter plays a large role in curb rash. If you have 17" wheels, the wheels rarely get to the curb as the rubber hits it first and takes the scuff. If you have 22" wheels, the rim is right down at the curb height and the tire profile is minimal, so the wheel often gets a scuff if you curb it with poor judgement. Judgement cures all of this, but the bigger wheels are easier to scar if not careful.
I’m talking about curb rashing both tire and or wheel. The box allows you to line up where you are parking and is the safety buffer for backing up so you don’t scrape the wheel or tire. In that regard, total diameter of the wheel and tire combo is pointless. Stock 17s or 22s or 18s or 20s will not be curbed if you keep the curb on the outside of the colored lines. But I understand with these privileged 4th gen owners they expect the truck to do everything for them, which is just laziness. Learn how to use your back up system and take a drivers ed course, nowadays they won’t pass you unless you successfully parallel park

OP
OP
L

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Artie, can you give me the details on how to change it with Forescan?

OP
OP
L

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry. One other question: can dealers change Forscan settings?

I would like to know how to change it in Forscan.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Diameter of the wheels has zero to do with curb rashing. Width would, not diameter. Maybe take a drivers education course??

Diameter has everything to do with curb rash. Maybe brush up on first-grade Math?

Larger diameter wheel = less rubber sidewall, which means your rim is closer to the ground, thereby increasing chances of making side contact with a curb.

17" rims on the other hand will have significantly thicker sidewall tires, which alleviate any side contact with curbs.