MOVED: New member from Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grasmuss3

Reaction score
Hey all, Gary here from Michigan. I recently purchased a 2012 Expedition and love all the features. Except one, the rain sensing intermittent wipers. They dont work. Low speed and high speed wiper works fine. When I choose one of the intermittent settings, I get one swipe and then never again until I click up to the next higher setting. Is there possibly a setting that enables the rain sensing?

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey all, Gary here from Michigan. I recently purchased a 2012 Expedition and love all the features. Except one, the rain sensing intermittent wipers. They dont work. Low speed and high speed wiper works fine. When I choose one of the intermittent settings, I get one swipe and then never again until I click up to the next higher setting. Is there possibly a setting that enables the rain sensing?
Moved here instead of the New Member Check in section, hopefully you'll get the help you need here!

I will say that I had to enable the rain sensing wipers in the vehicles user interface area as well as select them on the stalk, seem to work quite well! But, I'm not sure if there's a difference between 3rd and 4th gen setups there...

Mmart

Reaction score
I have to ask the simple question first? How much is it raining when you use the intermittent wipers? I did the same thing with my 2010 when I first got it. It was drizzling and I turned them on and it would wipe once, I turned it up a notch and it did the same thing so I just moved them to the first “constant” speed. When I finally got around to looking into the problem I came to find that when you switch through the intermittent settings, you’re not controlling the time between each wipe, you’re controlling the sensitivity of the sensor. So no matter what you set it at it will only activate based on how much water(or whatever) is on the windshield.

twodollars

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I disabled that on my 2013. Just disconnected the connector to the sensor, then you have full control over wipers. The auto feature rarely seemed to get it right for me. Either too slow or running at high speed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett