Moving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RayRay85

Reaction score
Hey, guys unfortunately my job decided to relocate me to Texas…I was wondering before I drive 1,100 miles. What should I check on my truck before the road trip? I changed the oil, new tires, and looked over everything. The truck has had a tune up bout 10,000 miles ago and it’s the 4.6. Thanks guys

Bowesmobile

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure the air filter is clean and all the fluids are the proper level and color. Then...have a nice trip.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
belt...change radiator fluid and get trans fluid changed/flushed...head unit if you havent already so you can stream music or connect to ipod or pandora...update insurance with rental

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check belts, fluids( which has been mentioned ) I would personly get a complete lube job, even if you have already, go to Autozone have them test your battery and Alternater, and any unforeseen SES codes ( since they do it for free.. ) Also check with the Texas DMV about emissions they may have different rules than your current residence, If its a cheap fix i would get that done and save you the hassle later on.. I would also have a Fuel pressure test done to make sure you're fuel pump is still going strong...

Just remember even though you do these checks, really doesnt mean anything, 1100 miles is a good distance and just cause everything looks good and checks good, anything can happen just drive smart and be safe

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our expy has had at least three trips from wisconsin to florida and then back with out having any issues. These trucks are built for anything.

OP
OP
R

RayRay85

Reaction score
Thanks guys I finally made it... After 1205 miles ans $248.20 in gas I made it....I had to put a new radiator in after the one I replaced four months ago went bad...I wanna thank you guys for the suggestions

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You averaged 20.5 mpg hauling stuff?

Do you drive like a granny?, what's your secret?