Mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok since this thread started i looked and i was at around 13 mpg combined i love to hear my exaust! but for arguments i had to restet my computer and ive been driving like a grandma no fast take offs and keeping it under 2k rpm, and i average 15.2 mpg the reason i say average is because when i climb a hill it will drop then when i go down the other side it will jump back up pure city driving, yesterday i went to austin which is about 50 miles of highway driving and i was at 19.5 mpg when i got there i did 60mph on cruise control. the only reason i wasnt doing 80mpg like i normally do is because it was raining. i only have a muffler swap, my intake is stock and i run premium gas. if you are getting worse id look into changing your air filter and fuel filter- i change it every oil change, fuel system cleaner i use b12 once a month "tune up in a bottle" and i use mobile1 full synthetic 5w-20 the heavier weights will give you slightly worse gas mileage (if you care) but not much. in the end we all have gas guzzlers so it really should not matter if you want 20+ mpg get a car. im glad my "study" is over now i can rumble around town again lol

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that thing is clean!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been wanting a car like that or a g35 sedan, but i'm going to wait until i turn 18

OP
OP
C

cbiii

Reaction score
maybe some day ill get my toy back.. high compression 408 lsx 99 camaro. 9 inch, full tubular rear suspension, etc. Should be good for mid to high 10s NA..

gazbold

Reaction score
13.2mpg best

98 Eddie Bauer 5.4 Stock everything except the bull bars up front.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Mine varys quite a bit from obvious causes. Round town, Interstate, towing the camper and whenever my wife uses it.

As I understand it, the computer in the truck calculates a running average over the the last 500 miles driven. (Is this correct guys ?).

Plus the owners manual says it takes a 400lb payload to affect your mpg by 1mpg.

Anyway.. the best I see as an average with just me using it and mixed highway and round town, it settles out to 13.1 or 13.2.

If I tow the camper with the truck loaded with the family et all I see a drop to 11.5 to 12 depending on the terrain. Our last trip was to take the kids to Knobels in P.A for 3 days. Those hills down there are rollercoasters themselves !

All this with an intermittent CEL telling me "Left bank running lean" but my exhaust tailpipe shows rich soot.

My all time high was an unloaded run midsummer to Syracuse NY and I touched 14.1. :)

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a steal on it when i was doing some training in san diego in 06, the roof had hail damage it was an 04 745li 40k miles $19k flat i had to jump on it it only cost just under 1g to get it all fixed up

ejstith

Reaction score
2000 Navi, 5.4 dohc, trailer tow, 13.8 in town, 16.5 on the highway. Original plugs @ 135K MILES.

bring_em_on

Reaction score
well we all know we didnt buy an expy for the fuel economy!!!! either way im getting 12.8 hiway and 10.4 city running 35's a.CAI. rear cats deleted with glasspack and the edge programer with the speedo dead on... my numbers are pen and paper figers not the computer

Ahh, a voice of sanity.

I bought my wife a Dodge Charger SRT8 last year (6.1 hemi, 425hp). Some owner reviews I saw complained about the fuel mileage. Who the hell buys a muscle car and then complains that it's getting 18mpg on the highway???

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX