Mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Javaman

Reaction score
All gas mileage calculations should be done by hand.

Either way, it might take it a bit to adjust.

Yeah, If I remember right, the MPG listed on the dash is computed from the last 500 miles driven. Manual calculation is always better.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
going on roadtrip tomorrow. i'll check and see what i get and report back

sngltrck1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can see what i'm running down in the signature line -
I average 14 to 14.5 mpg driving a mix of town and off-road.

Also, I should note that this is at 7000 ft. elevation using 87 octane.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hah, just got an alignment. Apparently, my rear passenger tire had quite a bit of toe. Let's see what that, plus new tires, does to mileage :)

fred50stang

Reaction score
On a highway trip if I can manage to keep the rpm at or below 2000, I have got at good as 21mpg's Hand Calculated. I have gone as far as 501 miles on a tank. My goal was to break the 500 mark.

bring_em_on

Reaction score
Hand calculated, Im seeing ~12.8. gotts mod, new plugs, removed 3rd row.

I might have missed this in your post but how many miles on it? Does it seem sluggish at all when going down the highway? If you have over 100k and it seems sluggish, you might want to change out the coils. They can start to decline and be pretty weak before they'll throw a code.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i check it by hand last time and i'm getting 14.8

ELVATO does alignment really make a big factor? I have a little over 2* of camber all around.

joezek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The last time I measured mpg with a full tank of fuel was a few weeks ago. I drove 550 miles before filling up again, all highway mileage. It's a 30 gallon tank, it took a little more than 28 to fill back up. puts me around 19 mpg.

I drive with cruise control and stay very close to 70mph. If I find a tractor trailer going the same speed, I set cruise and ride right close behind the tractor trailer. If you have an electronic mpg gauge, with cruise control set, you can watch your mpg instantly jump up to around 23-25 mpg while behind the tractor trailer. If you get too far behind, it will drop back to 18-19mpg.

Then if your passing other cars, with the cruise set, you can watch your mpg actually drop to around 15mpg as you make the pass, because of the air flow off the front sides of the other trucks/cars.

I've adjusted my speedometer so it's exactly accurate with the GPS.

Only mods so far are an SCT tuner with programming by VMP Tuning. I've also done the GOTTS mod, and a K&N drop in filter. I did a fuel injection system "pressure clean", new plugs, and cleaned the MAF sensor. I also did an intake system clean with BG Air intake system cleaner. I run Mobil-1 Synthetic 5W20. I mainly run 93 octane since it's supposedly a cleaner burn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX