Mud Flaps for 2008 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
mud flaps with pwr running boards

I have a 2010 LTD with power running boards and use plain flat black mud flaps from any auto store for about 8 bucks a pair. Just be sure to mount them low enough so they don't catch the up and down board movement.

pumpercaptain

Reaction score
I am considering cutting off the front edge of the power running board on our 2010 so the Husky or Weathertech flaps would fit... anyone ever consider or has done this???

Let me add a bit more detail... taking off the front cover of the running board, then cutting off enough so the flap would clear and putting the cap back on the running board... not sure if this would work but I may try it..

Last edited:

Flippingroc

Reaction score
No issues whatsoever. Misses by 1/4-3/8 inch.
I used the two factory screws on the front actually using the hole locations in the directions. I added a third with a stand-off to the inner fender well. A long screw and a piece of 1/4" fuel line trimmed to the length I wanted and it was perfect.

Miekk,
Looks like they were Ford mudflaps- what model are they for? I'm going to do this as well. Live in upstate NY and we get a lot of snow- it just packs and packs to the running boards and I have to wash my truck or clean up under them any time I drive anywhere... which is all day, every day- I'm a realtor and a firefighter. Should have done this years ago. I'm about 270K on my 09. As soon as I see what the 18's are going to be I'll be trading for an 18 or 17. Had a 17' rental last week (but it was an EL) and I was shocked at the ride, handling, gas mileage and the giddy up it had... but until then- every day I get frustrated..

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Miekk,
Looks like they were Ford mudflaps- what model are they for?

I'd have to try and find the paperwork with a part number somewhere to even guess what I bought at the time.
I thought they were just non-custom molded flaps in '12 for Expys.