Multiple electric failures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teddy62

Reaction score
Forgive me. I tell long and detailed accounts.
I will try to be brief.

This is an 03 Eddie Bauer Expedition with 91,000+ miles.

Two weeks ago....my drivers window glass fell inside the door.
After mechanic set it back in place....it never sounded smooth running as before.

Then! The window would only go up a few inches after going down (power windows).
It will go down....no problem.....but only comes up a few inches. It will repeat flawlessly,
but will not go all the way up.

Next! After living with plastic on the window a week or so.....the 4x4 low and high dash
lights began blinking in sequence....3 blinks.....15 minutes later....3 blinks....repeatedly.
I know they simply mean "concern within that system" (from reading on internet).

At the same time! When using the door lock button on door......to lock all doors......
The drivers lock jumps up after 2 seconds! But if the key fob is used the drivers door
stays locked!

Also! In the past....when fob was used to lock the doors....second button pressing
would sound the horn (as confirmation the doors were locked). The horn no longer
sounds when fob is pressed a second time.

Seems coincidental that all the symptoms appeared at the same time.
There must be a common factor here some where.

Can anyone help me?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd speculate the 4WD lights are unrelated. But it sounds like your mechanic did not properly secure the various wiring harnesses to the window regulator. There is specific wiring loom routing to keep the glass from hitting and stretching the cables. You should take it to another mechanic if you are not savvy doing it yourself. Its really just a few screws and a tug to remove the door panel to see whats happening.

Stanger4Life

Reaction score
I just had to replace my window motor in the driver side after it burnt out and stopped working. Eventhough your issue doesn't seem to be a window motor, I would pull of the door panel and take a look at it. You should be able to figure out what's wrong pretty easily. If you are willing/wanting to do this and need some help, message me and I can give you step by step with pics to how to get the panel off and take a look.