My 99 Expo EB Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crabjoe

Reaction score
Damn.. You do great work!! I just need to have the hood repainted and it's making me want to drive up the the Jersey Shore!

If I come up, can you make sure Snooki isn't around? lol

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its been a while since I've done any updates here. I've been busy at the shop so I've had little time to work on my own truck. We're still agonizing over the seat colors and the seats themselves. When I started designing the interior I didn't realize that Katzkin didn't have the pattern for the 99 EB seats. So I then went to Road Wire and although they do have the pattern they don't have the same off white that Katzkin has. I'm waiting to hear back from them to see if they can do covers for me in the 2010 oem Stone color that I used throughout the interior. What we're leaning to now is to ditch the 99 seats and change them out for either 06 or 07's. The overall look and pattern is alot nicer then the 99's and being that they are relatively new either company should have the patterns for them. We'll see tomorrow. Anyways I redid the headliner in the new Stone (Cashmere) color and I used that color and the Lexus Black Pearl color to do some accents. I I can nail down the seat situation by tomorrow I should be able to wrap the interior up within the next week or so.

Some pics of the overhead and headliner.

DSC_0161.jpg
DSC_0164.jpg
DSC_0160.jpg

Last edited:

spadesluck

Reaction score
That overhead console looks real nice. Did you paint that yourself? Care to let me know how if you did? I am trying to learn how to paint plastic myself.

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That overhead console looks real nice. Did you paint that yourself? Care to let me know how if you did? I am trying to learn how to paint plastic myself.

While not out of the realm of a DIY painting plastic in oem colors requires the use of professional products. I own a collision & custom shop so I have everything I need at my disposal. If you want to attempt this on your own, you'll need to buy a small compressor and paint gun. When I shoot plastic besides the prep & special plastic primer, I use SEM products. Google it and you should be able to gain some knowledge on the product.

spadesluck

Reaction score
While not out of the realm of a DIY painting plastic in oem colors requires the use of professional products. I own a collision & custom shop so I have everything I need at my disposal. If you want to attempt this on your own, you'll need to buy a small compressor and paint gun. When I shoot plastic besides the prep & special plastic primer, I use SEM products. Google it and you should be able to gain some knowledge on the product.

Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok so I've been busy trying to get the rears to work in the truck. Basically what I did was fabricate my own mount platform to which I will bolt the seats to. Since I'm eliminating the 3rd row seating in order to build a custom sub enclosure, I no longer need the seats to fold. So basically they're now bucket seats. I'm going to make the center seat removable, and also build a removable console that will sit between the two other buckets. When needed the center seat will be installed and when I show the truck I'll bolt in the console. I'm still working on the design for that but when installed it will be a continuation of a rear bridge piece that is being built that will extend from the back of the seats to the rear sub enclosure and will house several LCD TV's. Its hard to explain but give me a week or so and I'll have pics of what I'm building.

Here is my seat frame fabrication

DSC_0261.jpg
DSC_0263.jpg
DSC_0264.jpg
DSC_0265.jpg

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the panel that surrounds the gauges, I'll be painting it like I did on my sons 99 F150. His truck was done in a Lexus Dark Cherry Pearl so that what all the accent pieces are painted in the truck. I don't know what color I'm going to do mine yet since the outside of my truck is white pearl and I don't think that would look to good.

Here is what I did to my son's F150

402Expedition032.jpg
402Expedition033.jpg

hey 402, how hard was it to paint that dash? did you sand it completly smooth and prime it too? i know that you obviously have a spray gun. its just soo cool i would love to do that to mine!