My Expedition got a twin!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found my wife a 2018 Navigator L 4x4 Black Label with 15,000 miles, so the previous owner took the financial bath! :). It was an Arizona car, so it never saw road salt those 2 years of its life.

I'll do a more in depth write up after my wife lets me log some time behind the wheel! So far, the 3.5L HO feels pretty stout! It was almost at 100mph climbing an on ramp on the test drive! The interior is amazing, especially the seats. Wife LOVES the storage under the front of the center console, her purse fits in there perfectly and its not on the passenger seat or on the floor.

Here's a simple pic I grabbed on the way home from picking it up when we stopped at the babysitters to pick up the kids!

The gross roof rack crossbars will be ripped off it immediately. They look hideous.
IMG_4581.jpg

scotthere

Reaction score
Looks nice, I like the wheels on the Expy better though the Navi's look tough to clean. What 25 spokes? Have fun with those.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks nice, I like the wheels on the Expy better though the Navi's look tough to clean. What 25 spokes? Have fun with those.

I agree. I ceramic coated my Expedition wheels and I haven't washed them in 4 months and they still look clean!
The Navigator will be getting coated once it cools down a bit and my wife will park it for a couple days so we can it it spotless and coat it! :)

scotthere

Reaction score
I agree. I ceramic coated my Expedition wheels and I haven't washed them in 4 months and they still look clean!
The Navigator will be getting coated once it cools down a bit and my wife will park it for a couple days so we can it it spotless and coat it! :)
Ceramic coating? Is this a DIY process or what? How much? Etc.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ceramic coating? Is this a DIY process or what? How much? Etc.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
You can get good stuff from chemical guys or car pro. Wheels should come off, be polished, coated and UV baked for optimal finish

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did the ceramic myself on my Expedition. Its holding up 10X as good as wax ever has for me. Literally, a spray car wash gets is absolutely spotless.

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice. Thats what my wife wants too....although the short one.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found my wife a 2018 Navigator L 4x4 Black Label with 15,000 miles, so the previous owner took the financial bath! :). It was an Arizona car, so it never saw road salt those 2 years of its life.

I'll do a more in depth write up after my wife lets me log some time behind the wheel! So far, the 3.5L HO feels pretty stout! It was almost at 100mph climbing an on ramp on the test drive! The interior is amazing, especially the seats. Wife LOVES the storage under the front of the center console, her purse fits in there perfectly and its not on the passenger seat or on the floor.

Here's a simple pic I grabbed on the way home from picking it up when we stopped at the babysitters to pick up the kids!

The gross roof rack crossbars will be ripped off it immediately. They look hideous.
View attachment 37683
I’m curious about your thoughts after driving both. I love our Navigator but haven’t driven an Expy to be able to compare the two. I’ll second the comment about ceramic coating and the wheels, it also helps immensely with cleaning the grill as well. Chem guys make two particular brushes that make a big difference in cleaning those two areas as well.

I have two of these, one for the grill and one for the wheels.

One of these for the wheels.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Artie.....I like that black brush, might have to get me one!

I, too, would be interested in a ride comparison.

Haven't done a lot of in depth research, but I understand Hertz (say what you will) has some good deals on preowned Navi's

Anyway......very nice rides!