My first Dragy gps 0-60 run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
302Xplorer

302Xplorer

Reaction score
The conditions were perfect on Sunday for a good run. The setup: 93 performance tune, traction control off, AdvanceTrac off, in the “sport” transmission mode and in AWD. It started to spin all 4 wheels while holding the brake down and bringing the rpms to 3,000 at launch!

What is IC?

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is acceptable.
2d01213fe70ae4a8fe1e5d84f8254fb9.jpg

Maybe it’s just me, but I never understood the desire to void your new vehicle warranty on a $70k+ truck in order to momentarily propel 6,000 pounds of steel designed to haul 8 people through such acceleration, all while relying on grossly undersized brakes to bring you back to a halt. In the 3+ years of driving the Expedition on a daily basis, I have never once come across anyone at a red light reviving their engine at me. I’m all for modding, but the Expy is at the bottom of a very long list of cars I’d have any interest in modding.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me, but I never understood the desire to void your new vehicle warranty on a $70k+ truck in order to momentarily propel 6,000 pounds of steel designed to haul 8 people through such acceleration, all while relying on grossly undersized brakes to bring you back to a halt. In the 3+ years of driving the Expedition on a daily basis, I have never once come across anyone at a red light reviving their engine at me. I’m all for modding, but the Expy is at the bottom of a very long list of cars I’d have any interest in modding.

Haha! Undersized brakes? Haha! It is designed to bring the full load and a trailer to a halt. It can easily handle the vehicle unloaded.

Because I can do it in 4.7 Seconds. That acceleration you realize applies at other times right? On ramps for example. Why would you not want to be able to accelerate quicker if you could.

I come up next to other big SUV’s all the time. The Escalade and Denali drivers always want to play. It is funny. And GONE.

Yes, there is a risk of voiding part of my warranty, but it isn’t a sure thing. For me it is worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This Monday driving into work a Subaru took off next to me when the light turned green (4 lane HWY), I let him have a 3 second head start before I went from half throttle to WOT & dusted him. The look on that WRX STI owner's face when my big a$$ truck smoked him :33:. I think I saw a tear...with an open mouth in awe.

THAT MAKES IT WORTH IT to me!

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you think locking the rear differential would improve or hurt times? I’m pretty sure it unlocks itself over 40 mph anyway.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think it's great. Mine has been tuned with a few other mods since it had 500 miles with no issue. Once that extra power may well have saved my life so no I don't think. It's. Silly I consider it to be a safety device.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you think locking the rear differential would improve or hurt times? I’m pretty sure it unlocks itself over 40 mph anyway.

Yes, It helps immensely when launching hard. Not really needed unless Brake boosting...

Best way to launch, 4A or 4H, Traction Control Off, ELSD Locked. Stand on the brake, get RPMs over 2000, and let it rip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro