My Tow Pig Revival

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Junkyard Jack

Reaction score
Yeah I’m sure I’m not gaining anything but probably a headache down the road but I’ll just hose down the MAF and slap the factory air box back in it if I absolutely have to.
As for an update on this, the factory airbox is back in, LOL! I knew I shouldn't have slapped that cheap intake on there. Regardless though I am still tracking down whatever is causing my lean code. I see a smoke machine in my future.

This though, is giving me terrible ideas. Like new PI heads and aftermarket cams on a freshened up non-PI block tuned with a flex fuel sensor running E85 or 93 terrible type of idea lol

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also mine and installed Kenwood speakers all the way around. And then cut the sub in the back and replaced it with a (2), 12” subs enclosed in a box with an amp. It sounds amazing

OP
OP
J

Junkyard Jack

Reaction score
IMG_5994.jpeg

Only update I really have on this truck is I got some Tread Wright mud lord 33s on it and I’m absolutely loving it so far. After driving it like this I don’t know if I really need 4.11s or not. Truck has been great, just pulled a trailer up this wet grassy hill and I felt that LSD working so I’m glad that’s working lol. Does anyone know if you can shim these 9.75 LSDs like they do the 8.8s to make them a tad more grabby? Even if we can I doubt it’ll make a ton of difference for what I do.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I retired my ole gal last year. I was running it from Chicago to Florida and back several times a year. Then in Florida it serviced on the highway constantly for over a year. Ive got 248,***. All Ive done is alternator, starter, batter, springs shocks brakes, wiper switch, and the biggest job was a differential rebuild.

Last year with 245,*** I drove from Florida to northern WI, towed a 3000lb boat all the way back straight through stopping for sleep one time. This truck is just such a beast.
She is garage kept I must say.Expy and boat.jpgExpy and boat.jpgExpy driver side.jpgExpy driver side.jpgExpy passenger angle.jpgExpy passenger full length.jpg

OP
OP
J

Junkyard Jack

Reaction score
Not much of an update but after replacing my head unit and all 4 door speakers I decided I wanted to get the subwoofer to work to really round out the sound of the truck so I pulled out the sub woofer and I am going to just install a new 8 in sub back in the factory box and get a new amp. Stinks that you have to pull the box I guess, for those that want to do this there is a bolt that goes into the back of the subwoofer you cannot just take out all the screws around the outside of the speaker lol

Sub Box on grill LOL.jpgphhdu613.pngBack Bolt.jpg