Navigation/GPS is WAY off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Recently my 2010 Limited started displaying "no GPS" message, and the map shows me anywhere from 10 to 200 miles away from my actual location. When I'm moving, the map is moving as well. It just thinks I'm somewhere else. It's actually really funny, especially when it thinks you are in the middle of Lake Michigan.

So I was thinking it was a 'scratched disk' or something. Found out that unlike my previous Expy, this one loads the software onto it's hard drive. Updates are 4 DVD's, all which need uploaded to the HD. I have no desire to purchase an update or really put much time into this issue, since I don't use it for navigating. But if there is an easy fix, I would like to get it working correctly again.

Anyone experience this?

Plati

Reaction score
Is there a way to "reboot the computer"? Over the years I've fixed many a computer related issue by doing a cold boot. POPO. There might be a master reset procedure documented somewhere or you may have to do the battery disconnect/bleed caps process. Just an idea, no guarantee it would do anything. Its usually where I start.

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With a 'no GPS' message I would guess there's a problem with the GPS antenna. Maybe a loose cable?

OP
OP
JollyRoger

JollyRoger

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You just jogged my memory...thanks! I had the radio out of the truck a few months ago to replace the blend door actuator. I wonder if I forgot to reconnect the GPS sensor cable. That's about when it started not working. I will check it out...thanks!