Navigation Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3bs

Reaction score
I downloaded the updated map files for my 2019 Limited. Now I have to leave the car running for about an hour to install. Really? Has to be a better way. Perhaps turn on ignition without starting, and attach a battery charger?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I downloaded the updated map files for my 2019 Limited. Now I have to leave the car running for about an hour to install. Really? Has to be a better way. Perhaps turn on ignition without starting, and attach a battery charger?

By far the easiest is just to idle. You can also drive why it does it. Don’t have to sit still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed mine with the vehicle in the garage in accessory mode, everything off that I possibly could turn off (AC, interior lights, auto headlights, etc) with a battery charger hooked up. No issues. Can anyone tell me on a Navigator how to see the current installed map release? What is the current release?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NA119 is the Most Current version I have seen to date.

It is in settings, and about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
M

m3bs

Reaction score
I installed mine with the vehicle in the garage in accessory mode, everything off that I possibly could turn off (AC, interior lights, auto headlights, etc) with a battery charger hooked up. No issues. Can anyone tell me on a Navigator how to see the current installed map release? What is the current release?

That’s what I was hoping to hear from somebody. Thanks.

nobrainer

Reaction score
I did mine in the garage a few months ago and just let the engine idle, by the end of the the install there was a distinct burning smell. if I had to do it again, I would do it while driving around or at least in a more open area (driveway?).

Oscar1

Reaction score
is there a cost to do updates ? how much , how often do they come out ?