Need a more humane interior for '09 ex-Forestry Expy SSV...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NikoBelic

Reaction score
Hello I have a 09 expedition xlt ssv, and you may want to try the super duty seats since the ssv has super duty parts. Also I have a 14 f350 with console shifter, and fold down middle seat. It looks very close but it's a different year so idk just go to the place that has the seats and try like passenger seat. FYI The civilian models are way more complicated to work with.

Last edited:

NikoBelic

Reaction score
I mean it's a special service vehicle with super duty parts lol. Just like using a 6" suspension lift for 09 f150 4x4 on a 09 expedition xlt 4x4. Parts are compatible.

Last edited:

NikoBelic

Reaction score
The alternator and brake calipers window motors for example. I say that because when I order parts for same year expeditions and other models they do not fit. Government vehicles usually have upgraded components. I've learned this through though the years of working on government vehicles different types.

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I understand the high output alternator, we used to replace the stock 7.3 and 6.0 alt with ones from F450/550 trucks.

The calipers have me intrigued. I'm going to start pulling some part numbers as I think i have a sticky caliper in the front. Doing 1, might as well do both.

Great info, thanks!

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gave up got 3 rows of Eddie Bauer interior off junkyard

Install took about 6 hours, most of it trying to figure out what to do & occasionally huffing and puffing

If anyone needs this info in future:
Ford screws are SELF TAPPING....All necessary holes for seats and seatbelts are already in the car

Tools needed:
Ratchet
T50 and T55 torx bits
5/16" socket
Vinyl trim puller set (rubbery plastic prybars)
Screwdriver, flat head
Reamer for third row seatbelt holes if reusing trim pieces
Thin clamp or hemostat if seatbelts you got are locked in full retraction (Pry off plastic side lid, retract clamp down on belt and put plastic back on, then install and release, but install first then release - and then it will work)

PS as to how to connect a memory-power seat for the driver, still working on that (problem isn't memory, it's lack of power seat functions connecting to a more basic power seat plug)...also working on the power folding third row --- but that seats people just fine unpowered if not connected and you don't need to fold it down

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt