Need a new key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
2008 Expy

Not sure what I did but I have no idea what I did with my key (only had 1..bought it used and forgot to make a duplicate). Does anyone know what my options are? I went ahead and ordered 2 transponder keys from "Keyless-Remotes" which should get here in a day or so. My logic plan is to call an automotive locksmith and have them cut them and reprogram. Does that sound right? Thanks for any advice...

-Fred

BobB

Reaction score
Hi Fred,
sounds right to me, going to the dealer is much more expensive than a locksmith. Good luck.
Bob

OP
OP
Fred Valdez

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
as it turns out the dealer was cheaper than the locksmith... I got a quote for $240 from locksmith since they had to cut from scratch..had it towed to dealer and they cut and programmed the keys for 150. I even ordered a couple more fobs just to have available...so now I have 2 working keys and 4 working fobs :) , thanks for the tips..

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as it turns out the dealer was cheaper than the locksmith... I got a quote for $240 from locksmith since they had to cut from scratch..had it towed to dealer and they cut and programmed the keys for 150. I even ordered a couple more fobs just to have available...so now I have 2 working keys and 4 working fobs :) , thanks for the tips..

There is a dealer in the East Bay part of the SF Bay area that sells OEM parts cheap, but has high shipping costs. I considered them when I was doing the USB hub change out for CarPlay in my 2016. Was this dealer that was cheaper in the East Bay by any chance?