Need a new key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
2008 Expy

Not sure what I did but I have no idea what I did with my key (only had 1..bought it used and forgot to make a duplicate). Does anyone know what my options are? I went ahead and ordered 2 transponder keys from "Keyless-Remotes" which should get here in a day or so. My logic plan is to call an automotive locksmith and have them cut them and reprogram. Does that sound right? Thanks for any advice...

-Fred

BobB

Reaction score
Hi Fred,
sounds right to me, going to the dealer is much more expensive than a locksmith. Good luck.
Bob

OP
OP
Fred Valdez

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
as it turns out the dealer was cheaper than the locksmith... I got a quote for $240 from locksmith since they had to cut from scratch..had it towed to dealer and they cut and programmed the keys for 150. I even ordered a couple more fobs just to have available...so now I have 2 working keys and 4 working fobs :) , thanks for the tips..

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as it turns out the dealer was cheaper than the locksmith... I got a quote for $240 from locksmith since they had to cut from scratch..had it towed to dealer and they cut and programmed the keys for 150. I even ordered a couple more fobs just to have available...so now I have 2 working keys and 4 working fobs :) , thanks for the tips..

There is a dealer in the East Bay part of the SF Bay area that sells OEM parts cheap, but has high shipping costs. I considered them when I was doing the USB hub change out for CarPlay in my 2016. Was this dealer that was cheaper in the East Bay by any chance?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50