need a new rig, Expi or F150.....and why?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
robuilt, the only "issue" I would see at this time is that I don't have the truck with active plates on it. So, you would somehow need to get temp tags to get it back to Texas. I'm not sure how that would really work. I tend to take it out for quick drives around the block to keep things moving and whatnot, but I am taking a chance every time I do that. I tend to do that late at night when traffic is minimal and then I do it on rarely travelled roads. Driving it all the way back to Texas on expired plates may be a bit risky. Granted, I could see what I could do about getting plates on it too.

I would think if he had a bill of sale that would be sufficient to get it home and get it plated.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
expedition definetly no trouble with snow at all and they look cool as hell when modded

OP
OP
robuilt

robuilt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would think if he had a bill of sale that would be sufficient to get it home and get it plated.

well, ive purchased a vehicle before from another state and drove it home. It had expired tags and was pulled over twice. I was given a warning on both occassions after explaining the situation but was told it was the officers discretion on whether or not to ticket me.

rewarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy Because it's seems to be a bit cheaper and the money you save you could put into some aftermarket parts like a lift, Edge computer, nice stereo plus you can find one that is in great condition whereas the F150 was probably used as a work truck at one time or another. Plust when you buy a ford truck you automatically become a moving company for all your friends. Everybody has a ford truck so why not have the expy to haul the kids and you can still put a lift on it and all the other stuff you can do with a truck. I would go Expy all the way. Turn it into a prerunner like mine :) Be different. Expy's are nice trucks. Hope this helps - Hunter

OP
OP
robuilt

robuilt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah im dead set on an suv......the only problem is, as ive been testing the market out, im falling in love with these damn excursions.....

i love the size and space. i love the diesel option. im not worried about the fuel mileage as my job provides me with a company truck so this truck will be a leasure project..damn....decisions, decisions.

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I almost bought an Excursion over my Centurion, and I kinda wish now I would have.

mpg is only be a couple points off from the Ex, and aren't there 5.4 Excursions?

A 7.3 Excursion is known to get extremely good mileage, and if you are wheeling it at all, the bottom end grunt of the dismal is very sweet.

6.0hno! Ex's should be able to be hadreasonable, but.. plan on a good chunk of change to rectify Ford's fail ( they blatantly ignored IH's suggestion on how to trim the motor, which has led to catastrophic fail)

We buy (when you trade it) all of our 6.0 trucks between half of wholesale, and 5 grand back of wholesale trade, and we still lose $ at the auction.

I would be tempted (if considering a diesel Ex, 7.3 last time I looked were still 10k+) to by a dead 6.ohno! and do a Cummins swap.

Last edited:

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
excursions came with a 5.4 and 6.8 gas and 7.3 and 6.0 diesel, recently test drove a 5.4 gas and hell no truck way to heavy for that motor for daily use plus the extra strain on the motor means worse fuel milage and they are more popular for blowin plugs