Need advice....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2018 expedition max (wife’s car) going >60-70mph and pushing gas (i.e. to pass a car) the temperature (coolant) shows number 232 and then when letting off gas goes back to midline. Took it to Ford dealership (still under warranty) they said bad valve cover gasket- they had it two weeks. Of course problem wasn’t fixed- took it back again (had it two weeks again) and now they said fuse to one of the cooling fans was blown. I asked did u test it, they assured me no problems. Of course one day later driving on driveway it happened again.
what advice would u have in dealing with the dealership? I don’t want to take it back to same location but no other Ford gives loaner cars. Welcoming all opinions as I’m pissed off they had it for almost five weeks

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thermostat? I believe that they are computer controlled (somehow). Did the dealer check for codes?

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another dealer is the way to go. Ford has troubleshooting procedures to be followed in these situation to pinpoint the issue. This could be a restricted radiator, water pump issue, or a faulty cooling fan (that’s why the fuse is blown).

When a fuse blows, there is an issue that should be corrected before just putting a new fuse in! The fuse may have blown again if the cooling fan motor is bad.

before you head out to another dealer:
- check your coolant level
- check if the coolant fans are operating properly

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, whole they usually suck compared to loaners, if you're still on factory warranty, any dealer can get a rental (usually from enterprise) and ford will cover the cost. This is what I was forced to do until my dealer finally got some loaners.