Need brake controller wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IrnBru

Reaction score
Installing controller on '02 2WD without HD Towing. From what I understand all Expys have the factory installed wiring for the controller and this would simplify the job a lot if someone could help me locate them. I found a large loom near the OBDII Port that has red, black, white, blue and strangely yellow wires. Are these the right ones? They go toward the climate controls from the firewall. Pics would be great if someone has them.

OP
OP
IrnBru

IrnBru

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the OBDII Port, can someone point me in the right direction? I must be blind cause I don't see it.
914b8818-46b1-4c32-9c6f-c8ebe6420506.jpg

Last edited:

RedDragon777

Reaction score
I am in the same situation as you. Every expedition is wired the same on the frame but when it comes to the wiring in the interior it is different. The HD towing package has a second wiring harness that feeds into the cabin, normal expeditions do not have this harness. My truck has the 4-pin harness near the hitch but that is it. So far i found that you can upgrade the 4-pin to a 7-blade plug but when it comes to the brake controller you will need to wire it the same way someone would if they did not have any wiring at all. The second harness is available from ford but it around $450

OP
OP
IrnBru

IrnBru

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info. I was beginning to believe I was losing my eyesight cause I couldn't find that darn connector anywhere. Guess I need to find out which color wire feeds the brake lights now.

OP
OP
IrnBru

IrnBru

Reaction score
Looks like light green coming out of the connector for the brake switch if I'm reading this right. Someone feel free to correct me on this if I'm wrong. Could confirm by back probing the plug I guess.

Autozone Wiring Diagram

Last edited:

RedDragon777

Reaction score
When you find it let me know, i am used to my F250 that only has 2 wires and the Expy has like 5-6 wires for the switch.