Need help my friend got someone to install map on his 2018 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADER ALASTATH

Reaction score
Bought my 2018 expedition and my friend got one too but without the navigation maps so he went to another guy who installed it for him not sure how but its working without changing anything he just put the USB and installed them on his sync 3 and he used own flash card so any one can help me on how and where to get the maps to be honest the guy charged my friend around $120 so am not willing to pay that much and i know that he got the maps from the internet for free from someone else

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bought my 2018 expedition and my friend got one too but without the navigation maps so he went to another guy who installed it for him not sure how but its working without changing anything he just put the USB and installed them on his sync 3 and he used own flash card so any one can help me on how and where to get the maps to be honest the guy charged my friend around $120 so am not willing to pay that much and i know that he got the maps from the internet for free from someone else

Sync 3 doesn’t have a flash card(SD) slot like Sync 2(Older than 2016).

The Non-Nav unit has less storage, and can’t physically run the Maps.

Maps are available for free along with the 3.4 Update from several sources, but most use Cyanlabs.net.

So a bit confused. If the guy screwed with a Non-Nav unit and side loaded the Maps onto a flash drive, then it would have to always be plugged in, and could cause MANY issues with updates in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
B

BADER ALASTATH

Reaction score
Sync 3 doesn’t have a flash card(SD) slot like Sync 2(Older than 2016).

The Non-Nav unit has less storage, and can’t physically run the Maps.

Maps are available for free along with the 3.4 Update from several sources, but most use Cyanlabs.net.

So a bit confused. If the guy screwed with a Non-Nav unit and side loaded the Maps onto a flash drive, then it would have to always be plugged in, and could cause MANY issues with updates in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

i know that sir that there is not enough memory space and there is no memory slot (sd card) but he did it to my friend without using the usb all the time need to know what is the internal memory size inside cause then it will be clear cause he installed middle east maps which i think its smaller in size than North Americaerica and Mexico and Europe

OP
OP
B

BADER ALASTATH

Reaction score
i tireid so search for any info about the internal memory no luck with that also tried to find fresh copy of the maps also did not have any luck all i find is update your map which is less than 1gb in size