need help STAT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so hooked the jet ski trailer up last night to get ready for the beach. to my dismay, some of the lights are not working. after lots of tracking, i have pinpointed the problem is coming from the truck wiring harness. when i hook up the circuit tester, i get light only on RT turn signal (green wire). but i get nothing from LT turn signal (yellow) or from stop lights/running lights (brown wire). gotta get this up and running TODAY!!!! is there a fuse for the trailer wiring harness that i could be having a problem with? i cant seem to find what fuse number it would be in the manual....

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have no clue. if you want bring over by my place and we can take a look at it if you want. i have a trailer so we can look at it if you want.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try fuses 5, 19, and 20, and try swapping relay 201 with 204 (the A/C clutch relay). Try the fuses first, though.

Also, try to follow the wire back to make sure there are no breaks in it.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
fords are nitorious for blowing the trailer lighting fuses in the underhood fuse box

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, sorry, meant to clarify that the fuses I mentioned are the underhood ones.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. It ended up being one of the connectors that leads to the 7 pin plug.
There are 2 connectors under the truck that feed the 7 pin. One of those connectors had a pin pushed in that wasn't making contact. I ended up cutting the wire out of the connector and crimping it together with a butt connector.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
turns out I had a short on the trailer that kept blowing all of my fuses under the hood. but i couldnt figure out why it was just the left turn and brake lights. turns out the short was running along the left side of the trailer....go figure. thanx for the help guys.

panda, how far away from murphey canyon area (aero drive) do you live?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
had that same problem with our trailer on the way to the desert at night in my dads cj7. not to fun with out any lights on curvy roads. luckly had my uncle behind us leting us know if our tail lights went out. spent an hour taping all the wires up so they quite grounding out.

and i live in point loma/ocean beach area. about 15 or 20 mins from your place. depends on traffic. about 10 mins away from fiesta island. side streets Voltaire and Catalina. those are off Nimitz.

sry to everyone reading this going where the hell is that? San Diego if your not sure.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ah, thats not too bad. we should meet up at fiesta island one of these weekends. im going to rewire my trailer at some point, when i repaint the whole thing black and use black diamond plate on the utility box. want the trailer to match the truck. then i will work on the jet ski's matching the truck.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah any weekend is pretty much good for me. that would look kool. if you need help doing that just let me know and ill help. im always down for doing something. and i like to go to fiesta island at night cause the fireworks. i can see them from my house but its better on fiesta island. but one weekend that your going let me know and ill head down.