need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tangin101

Reaction score
hey guys I just rebuilt my 98 5.4 1st gen It was a total rebuild. I put the motor back in and after hooking everything up the engine runs smooth like a new one but for some reason the rear heater hoses blew and when you rev the car over 2 grand it blows a big cloud of white smoke and dies.
whats going on with this???????/

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could it be that the cats are all clogged and stuff???? I am no expert but a new engine was put in I would not be surprised if you were dumping gas into the cats and they are toast.

OP
OP
T

tangin101

Reaction score
hook me up

does any one have a diagram I can check my vacuums and coolant hook ups by. I really want this thing fixed me and the wife both loved riding it or a picture of one with detailed shots of were things go

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well white smoke is usually coolant dumping into the cylinders. The fact that it stalls out says that a lot is getting in. Did you reuse any of the seals...?

OP
OP
T

tangin101

Reaction score
no i put new everything from rings rods mains from and rear main seals new intake gaskets head gaskets timinhg chains and gasket oil pan gasket valve cover gaskets everything new

cymru

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Off topic but FordandPolaris I posted all those damn pictures after you asked and no response :( Lift, sway bar, track bar and diff cover go on this weekend.

OP
OP
T

tangin101

Reaction score
help please

ok I took the throttle body assembly off and the lower intake has water in it the lines that connect to the side of the throttle body adaptor one comes from the pcv the other from the temperature sending gauge and the other from the back of the block. so there is water coming threw 2 of these lines correct? if so why is it going straight into the intake is there something of a valve or something missing there.??????????????//

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr