New 2022. My experience. No engine cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

osoms

Reaction score
Glad you got your cover...it was for a 2020. Good to know. I plan to resolve that issue too, even if i have to buy one. I am still dealing with my tires. I agreed to put 500 miles on it if there are flat spots. No change so far, but will comply to get a set of new tires from Ford. I had a brand new F150 with a similiar problem and it turned out to be the driveshaft out of balance. Didn't know that was a real thing but it fixed my truck. I think they balanced it or replaced it? This seems very similar with the expedition. Will know more next appt. For door, maybe the body shop mgr, just a suggestion, or another dealer. I have found when you swtich dealers and tell the new dealer how unhappy you were with the last service dept. , its a competitive thing, they step up their game. Good luck. I will post about my tires when it gets resolved.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2021 Expedition Limited 4X4 heavy duty towing package ( iconic silver ) was delivered in March 2021 WITHOUT an engine cover. When I opened the hood while looking over the vehicle the sales rep seemed surprised as well. He shortly discovered that Ford had quit putting them on. I refused to accept the vehicle. Within 24 hours the dealership ordered a 2020 engine cover to complete the vehicle.
Recently I had a FIRE recall telling me not to park it near my house. 1 month later in for the recall. Don't know what was done to it but turbo's NO longer kick in the same way, vibrates while idling, and gas mileage has dropped from 17 to 18 down to 15.2 mpg ??? I am out of town and will address it upon my return.
OH yeah one more complaint, since delivery the right rear passenger door will not close properly leaving running board out UNLESS you SLAM the door. Dealer states they think its ok that way and if they try to correct it they might make it worse ??? WOW Really. Guess I need a NEW dealership.
HAS ANYONE else had the fire recall done and experienced the issues I am having or with the door. (Door is clearly visible that it is misaligned about 1/4 inch as it doesn't line up with rear quarter panel).

During the past few years, misaligned doors on new Expedition models seem to be a common complaint on this forum.

I had a misaligned hood and other exterior trim when I bought my new Expedition, but the doors were okay.

dhenderz

Reaction score
My 2022 SPP goes back to the dealer again today for the high speed vibration issue. I have spun the tires while lifted off the ground and can visibly see they are either out of round or have a flat spot on them - all 4 of them. We'll see what the dealer says.

dhenderz

Reaction score
Thanks. Ordered the parts today. Interestingly they were in stock. Will pick them up tomorrow.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. Ordered the parts today. Interestingly they were in stock. Will pick them up tomorrow.
What'd you pay? I have 42,000 Ford gaming-your-behavior points that should be worth about $210 or so that I'd like to use up, and I've been struggling to think of a purpose.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same experience with the vibration on the Generals. They road force tested all 4 tires and have an order to replace them all under warranty. Said all 4 were out of round. Standard balance didn’t do anything.
Pending order said might take a few days.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What'd you pay? I have 42,000 Ford gaming-your-behavior points that should be worth about $210 or so that I'd like to use up, and I've been struggling to think of a purpose.
Ford esp or the ford cargo mat that folds with the 3rd row seats are both nice options.