New 2022 SPP Expy cabin is LOUD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
67 Db at 72 mph. Rear goes up to 72 DB in mine. Not scientific, using iPhone, which has been pretty good gauge. A few magazines or reviews have it around 65 in front.
Normal mode, cruising.
Keep in mind front windows (driver/passenger) are double pained acoustic glass. Same as the windshield.
The other 5 windows are single tempered glass. Same with sunroof.
This means more noise in the rear than front.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys this is EXACTLY what I complained about on my Wife's 18 Navigator! The dual exhaust is obnoxious as hell with DRONE. Its not loud at all by the tailpipe, but the muffler drones into the 2nd row floor TERRIBLY. It was horrible on the highway, my wife absolutely hated the noise. It gave her a migrane and then she was not happy, so it made me not happy of course. I really think the noise was coming thru the muffler case into the 2nd row seat areas floor. It was just the most annoying drone there could be, and for $100K+ Navigator I thought it was absolutely Ridiculous!

Remember, the Navigator had this same performance exhaust system on it from 2018 on up, so its the same as the Stealth Performance exhaust......

When we would cold start it on a colder morning, it was very very loud even standing near it outside idling.

Every single day my wife left for work, I could hear that Navigator exhaust shift thru about 6th gear and I live 1,000 feet off the road. When she would take my Expedition (2018), I couldn't hear it on the road at all. The dual exhaust system lacks Drone control really bad. I'd be fine if the exhaust barked on throttle, but instead it just drones ALL the time. I actually considered putting a Borla exhaust on it to get away from the horrible drone.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys this is EXACTLY what I complained about on my Wife's 18 Navigator! The dual exhaust is obnoxious as hell with DRONE. Its not loud at all by the tailpipe, but the muffler drones into the 2nd row floor TERRIBLY. It was horrible on the highway, my wife absolutely hated the noise. It gave her a migrane and then she was not happy, so it made me not happy of course. I really think the noise was coming thru the muffler case into the 2nd row seat areas floor. It was just the most annoying drone there could be, and for $100K+ Navigator I thought it was absolutely Ridiculous!

Remember, the Navigator had this same performance exhaust system on it from 2018 on up, so its the same as the Stealth Performance exhaust......

When we would cold start it on a colder morning, it was very very loud even standing near it outside idling.

Every single day my wife left for work, I could hear that Navigator exhaust shift thru about 6th gear and I live 1,000 feet off the road. When she would take my Expedition (2018), I couldn't hear it on the road at all. The dual exhaust system lacks Drone control really bad. I'd be fine if the exhaust barked on throttle, but instead it just drones ALL the time. I actually considered putting a Borla exhaust on it to get away from the horrible drone.
I have a ‘22 304a, I don’t have anywhere near this issue.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 22 kr I test drove was as quiet as my dads 22 escalade, but the kr doesnt have the performance exhaust pkg. My 18 got noticeably louder after the first 10k, and the back was way louder than the front. Also, rain or wind was not a quiet experience.
I wonder if around that 10k mark, your muffler barfed it's packing material, lol.

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
67 Db at 72 mph. Rear goes up to 72 DB in mine. Not scientific, using iPhone, which has been pretty good gauge. A few magazines or reviews have it around 65 in front.
Normal mode, cruising.
Keep in mind front windows (driver/passenger) are double pained acoustic glass. Same as the windshield.
The other 5 windows are single tempered glass. Same with sunroof.
This means more noise in the rear than front.
@rd618 - thank you very much for posting this! I was able to replicate this multiple times. 66-68 db @ 72 mph in the Expedition. 72-75 db @ 72 mph in my truck.

Seems like what we are mostly hearing is road noise, and only when the wind is moving in a specific direction. Either way, this was extremely helpful!

Last edited:

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 22 kr I test drove was as quiet as my dads 22 escalade, but the kr doesnt have the performance exhaust pkg. My 18 got noticeably louder after the first 10k, and the back was way louder than the front. Also, rain or wind was not a quiet experience.
In my experience when a vehicle gets louder after that many miles it is a tire issue. I have had several vehicles that changing the tires made a huge difference in sound level.