new car and future plans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hello all

i just picked up my 2008 expo last week and love it so far, its a 2008 xlt , in grey exterior and cream cloth interior. it has 55,000km on the clock so about 34000 miles.

its an ex avis chauffeur car so has been well maintained by the local ford dealer. its in pretty good condition with a few little signs of wear and tear on the outside and near perfect condition on the inside minus some scratchs on the steering wheel which i have just put a wheel cover over.

im planning on doing a few simple mods to the car.

so far i am planning on putting new headlights on (angel eyes), a grille guard, touch screen hd with navigation, tinting the windows and then putting a vinyl wrap on it to mainly protect the paint from sand and other people lol.
im going for a gun metal grey metalic wrap and going to have all the chrome covered in black metalic. that also goes for the grille guard and the headlights which i want.

here are the links to the grille guard and lights

GO RHINO® - Ford Expedition 2007-2013 3000 Series Grille Guards

CG® - Ford Expedition 2007-2011 Black Projector Headlights with LEDs, Amber Reflectors

just wanted to get every ones views and to see what people would and wouldnt recommend.

the one thing im a big disapointed by its you cant keep the front tow hooks and the grille guards. :(

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All I can comment on is the grille guard.

I out a go Rhino on my 2008. Took all of 2 hours to install. The instructions tell you you can not reuse your tow loops, but you can. The mounting hardware that Go Rhino supplies works great, and will work fine with the tow loops.

I just have the black grille guard, not the whole wrap around stuff. But I believe they mount the same way.

Good luck.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i havent seen those but im willing to bet theyre like the heads i used to have...the halos are lit by a single halogen bulb and are bright at all...you can buy them and have CCFL or LED Oracle or similar installed in their place

OP
OP
standardmoose

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All I can comment on is the grille guard.

I out a go Rhino on my 2008. Took all of 2 hours to install. The instructions tell you you can not reuse your tow loops, but you can. The mounting hardware that Go Rhino supplies works great, and will work fine with the tow loops.

I just have the black grille guard, not the whole wrap around stuff. But I believe they mount the same way.

Good luck.

good to hear, i was a bit skeptical at first as i looked at the online instructions and it all seems to just bolt together. whats the quality of yours like? toughness wise?

im planning on getting the whole unit as when you assemble it you have the choice of putting the qrap around parts on and later on you can unbolt them as well if you dont want them.

i had a look at the instal guide and i thought you should be able to still use the tow hooks, but thanks for confirming that

cheers

OP
OP
standardmoose

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i havent seen those but im willing to bet theyre like the heads i used to have...the halos are lit by a single halogen bulb and are bright at all...you can buy them and have CCFL or LED Oracle or similar installed in their place

thanks for the info,
i did find a set which are just the housing and minus the halos and HIDs, im not sure if it would just be better to buy that and then buy all the components separately, as i have heard other things about the HIDs as well

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine grill guard was bolt together, but it's still a pretty strong unit. Mine has a built in step to help access the engine from the front. I haven't needed to use it, but I'm sure it will support me just fine (195lbs).

The cross bars have some holes predrilled for mounting lights. I had to drill two holes to mount a siren speaker under the center cross bar. No big issues there.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go Rhino picture

Here is a picture.

Attachments

• resize bumper.jpg
    resize bumper.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 787
OP
OP
standardmoose

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im pretty sure that is the same one im looking at, except im looking at getting the side parts as well , the one im looking at has the same step on the front.

did you install if by yourself? and if so how dificult was it to assemble and install

cheers

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes I did the install myself. The hardest part was lossening the factory bolts that are used to hold the tow loops.

Took about 2 hours total to assemble and install.

Make sure you follow the directions, because there are some issues that can arise if you install it in a different sequence than the directions.