New Expedition Cold Start Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

daviddsims

Reaction score
Actually the dealer just called back from Tyler Tx (where i purchased) and told me from the video I sent it definitely sounds like cam phasers. They even text me the Special Service Message 48445 that talks about this noise and to replace all four VCT units (6256/6C525) and update the PCM calibration. They are providing a rental while all of this gets done.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I called my dealer and another local one and they both sound like they have never heard of this issue. It looks like I'm in for quite the ride.
Wow, I find this so hard to believe. Just based on their response to this well known issue I wouldn’t trust them to turn a wrench on my lawnmower. Talk about dodging a bullet!

ExpyWeave

Reaction score
Cam Phasers. My 2018 Platinum did exact same thing, on start up first thing in am. Sound grew worse and worse- in shop for 3 weeks to replace cam phasers. 9 months later, problem returned:(

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cam Phasers. My 2018 Platinum did exact same thing, on start up first thing in am. Sound grew worse and worse- in shop for 3 weeks to replace cam phasers. 9 months later, problem returned:(

When did you have them replaced? From what I gather they updated the replacement parts last fall, Sept/Oct-ish to a "new" design. My guess is when they started making the 2020s...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65