New Expeditioner......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am the resident sleep with my cousin in the pastors lincoln while his wife vid cams kinda guy... Lay yer perversity on me, big Daddy! lay it one me...

Hell I took a perfectly good EFI 460 E40D rig,a nd went back to a 193 Diesel and 4 speed.... and then I "upgraded" to 16.5 rims.

ummmm why?

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
16.5 rims and tires were a decent deal.
IDI/4 speed equate's to better mpg than 385 series/E40D. To the tune of double at 75 (15 now, 8 then) as to what the 460 did, and 2.5 (20 now 8 then) times what it did, if I drive it at 55-60.
If I get back to 40-42's on it, I will regain my highway legs.
Direct drive + highway gears+tall tires= compensated overdrive.
Higher torque of a diesel > parasitic loss of taller tires/tall gears.
Higher torque of diesel + 2.7:1 low range of 1356 * 6.7:1 granny of NP435 = extremely functional crawl ratio of 67:1.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wow from what i understood.... sounds like the right choice. I like Diesel over gasser for big trucks but a 460 is a badass F'ing motor

OP
OP
B

baldamish

Reaction score
As far as my "**********" goes, it stems from being in Ohio and watching perfectly good trucks laid to rest due to the salty roads! I just sold my f-150 heritage with an untimely case of cancer! I had planned on spraying the bottom of the truck with black bed liner.....but I couldn't stomach the idea of a mid 70's chevy two tone look. So my intention was to spray the grey part with color matched bedliner.

heri.jpg

Since I sold that truck and the new Expedition is pretty well rust free (thanks to a life in Florida), I've decided to go ahead and mimic the two tone look of the heritage package. I plan on spray lining the bottom with a tintable liner that I can color match (the heritage charcoal grey). Any forums I've visited where someone even mentions this, and they instantly get flamed, but I love the look and it's VERY functional! Here is a link to what my intentions are...http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4396877-Son-of-the-bedliner-Audi-A4....
Also, along with the host of usual upgrades (gotts mod, spring spacers, and TT).
I assure you once I do it i'll provide pics, for either your amusement or motivation!

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as my "**********" goes, it stems from being in Ohio and watching perfectly good trucks laid to rest due to the salty roads! I just sold my f-150 heritage with an untimely case of cancer! I had planned on spraying the bottom of the truck with black bed liner.....but I couldn't stomach the idea of a mid 70's chevy two tone look. So my intention was to spray the grey part with color matched bedliner.

heri.jpg

Since I sold that truck and the new Expedition is pretty well rust free (thanks to a life in Florida), I've decided to go ahead and mimic the two tone look of the heritage package. I plan on spray lining the bottom with a tintable liner that I can color match (the heritage charcoal grey). Any forums I've visited where someone even mentions this, and they instantly get flamed, but I love the look and it's VERY functional! Here is a link to what my intentions are...http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4396877-Son-of-the-bedliner-Audi-A4....
Also, along with the host of usual upgrades (gotts mod, spring spacers, and TT).
I assure you once I do it i'll provide pics, for either your amusement or motivation!

Wow those guys on that forum are ********. That car is badass (the paint NOT THE CAR!) Honestly Do what YOU think will look good and do what YOU like F the haters and tell anyone who dont like it that "it looks better than your *************" :rotflmao:
GO FOR IT I cant wait to see the after pics

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I started reading the linked thread, I was apprehensive... DAMN! that turned out sweet.

Bring it.. would love to see that done to an Expy.

OP
OP
B

baldamish

Reaction score
Yeah, that volkswagon turned out awesome (for a vw)! I really don't care what people think, I think it'll look amazing! I'm going to try and get it done before winter hits. I need to sharpen my photoshop skills and figure out where my lines will be to make sure it looks right. I think I'll steal his idea and mix some pearl in with the paint. I can't wait to do it, I've been wanting to spray something for a while....I just hope I can stop! My wife suggested I spray my favorite travel coffee mug, a matching cup and truck!

Here's more ****
RhinoLiner_F150_1.png

f3502small2.jpg

FJ_OD_sm_03.jpg

Love it!