New fuel pump installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had my local shop install a new fuel pump assembly and now the fuel gauge only goes up to 3/4 when I fill up the gas tank. I gave them a call and they will look at it. Not worried about them, they are real good guys and said they will redo it if need be. Originally when they called me to pick it up they said sorry it took so long because they ordered the wrong part and had to get the right one. This happens often because I have a 2002 Ford Expedition 4.6L Rwd not 4x4 and sometimes they automatically assume it's the 5.4L 4x4. Anyway I'm wondering if the float would be hung up or maybe they still got the wrong part. I don't know. Any thoughts about why the fuel gauge will only go up 3/4 of the way, other then that it's working and it did work fine prior to my original fuel pump kicking the bucket.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Tonyray

Reaction score
I think that the problem the float is hanging up and not going all the way up. I just put a new pump in mine and the gauge wouldn't read at all turned out the wire to the sending was not soldered on.