New guy from Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AksoBruce

Reaction score
Greetings and salutations from Bryan, Texas.

I'm Bruce, and I am a new Expidition owner. Well, new owner, older truck. Or, should I say, Husband and lead mechanic of the REAL Expidition owner. Yes, it's my Wife's truck.

Her truck is a 1997 4wd Eddie Bauer. It's white, and the previous owner had to be some rich kid who spent too much of Dad's money on a toy. Too many wires and cables hanging from things he (she?) took out when the truck was sold to shake a stick at. I'm thinking Amp, woofers, dvd players, that kind of crap. It is also sitting on a set of 33x12.50-20 tires with some REALLY expensive aluminum wheels. I looked them up. We bought the wheels and tires,, the truck was free. We own it now, and it is my job to make it dependable.

We purchased the truck out of necessity from a used car lot here in town. My old truck, a 77 F150 Super Cab, laid down on us with a cracked frame. Second time cracked in the same spot. Anyway, I was borrowing a friend's Fusion for a while getting back and forth to work and searching for a new vehicle.

We stopped in a car lot looking for sedans big enough to fit our family and couldn't find anything in our price range. The sales lady said she didn't have any full sized sedans for what we had to spend and only had an "old, beat up Expedition."

We drove it, I crawled all over it making notes of problems, then we went in to talk numbers. They wanted 6k and I talked them down to 5k. I laid out the cash and we drove home with a new old truck. My Wife wasn't happy at first, but i pointed out several facts about the truck, things she wanted and things I wanted.

She wanted working A/C and heat which my old truck did not have. She also wanted big enough for our family of 4 to ride comfortably with suitcases if we go on a trip. All the lights work, all the windows work including the two vents in the back, the radio works. Her "want" list is satisfied.

I wanted American. I wanted Ford. I wanted at least RWD. Not a fan of sideways engines. I wanted something I can work on in my driveway and this is it.

The truck does have its problems which I will attend to as time and money come available, but for now, she runs.

My wife named her Eddie.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome Bruce. I was driving 80's diesel Fords & '73/'79 Ford trucks before I got my 'Eddie'. Paid $1250 for mine but it needed a little work. Easy to find parts for these at the Pick-N-Pull.