New guy post, odd question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kryo-Genik

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post here and I hope someone can help.
Picked up a one owner 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition with only 128,000 on the clock 2 days ago from it's original owner. Thus far it's got two issues I'm having trouble tracking down a fix to. The first one is odd...

On the drivers side door the window control switches seem to work....windows roll up and down. Except the drivers side front and rear windows.....well sorta....
The passenger front and rear work as they should. However when. You go to roll down the front drivers side window (top left hand button) the drivers side rear window is controlled. Then when. You go to roll down the drivers side rear window.....the drivers side front window is the one that moves....but in reverse. Hit the switch up and the window goes down, hit it down and it goes up.
I figured the switch would be two separate units...however it's all one box. I'm thinking the switch is bad as according to the owner it's never been wrecked and no work of any kind has been done to it. Is there a way to test to see if the switch itself is screwed up or if it's a wiring issue? I do not have a pin out for the writing harness that goes into the switch so I can swap pins around if need be. Is this a.common issue or is something goofing at hand?

Second, I came from the Lightning community so this part is new to me. My seat heaters and coolers dont seem to be working. The 1,2,3,4,5 roller switch lights up...but the heated seat, cooled seat button does not light up. I can pull the switches and ohm them out (need to figure out how to tear into the console) in have a factory owners manual coming in and as such dont have a fuse listing in case it's a fuse. I've rear about some goofy ass module that may or may not need to be replaced or reprogrammed and how its an pain in the mass to get done. So I'm wanting to start where I can first without dealing with a dealership first. So any walk through a, pics etc of what and where to look would be great as I'd like to get the seats back up and running.

handyone

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I may be able to help on the window switches, I had a similar problem with my '04 EB. I replaced the main switches on the drivers door & the problem was still there. I bumped one of the connectors in the pass. front door & found the connection to be bad. I disconnected all the connectors & tweaked/twisted all the pins a very little bit reconnected & all the windows have worked perfect for a couple years now. Hope this helps.

367KIX

Reaction score
Same experience on my part.... window switches have failed in my '03, and relatively cheap replacements from ebay did the trick. For the seat heaters, i have one broken and the other working. It's the switch again, but unfortunately, those are more expensive ($150?), so I've put it off and lived with a cold 'mass' on chilly days here in Colorado.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If/when you get your heated and cooled seats to work let me know. I have the exact same problem, the rotary switch works and the push buttons light up but nothing happens. I have read that there is an issue with the control module for it, if your battery has ever been disconnected for more than 8 hours it needs reprogrammed. I have never done it...

OP
OP
Kryo-Genik

Kryo-Genik

Reaction score
If/when you get your heated and cooled seats to work let me know. I have the exact same problem, the rotary switch works and the push buttons light up but nothing happens. I have read that there is an issue with the control module for it, if your battery has ever been disconnected for more than 8 hours it needs reprogrammed. I have never done it...

In my case the rotary part lights up...and that's it...nothing else. The buttons dont light up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett