New Member! Bristol PA 04 EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04ExpeditionEB

Reaction score
hello all, I'm trying to find a resourceful site for my 04 EB.. I'm having some difficulty locating a good resource and an ACTIVE one.

Currently in an 04 Expedition EB. Really like the truck but it appears to have a few tempermental issues..
Unfortunatly some that can not nail down with google for the last several days..

Here is what i have currently going on.
I'll try to be brief and only hope that the site GURU's can point me in the proper direction.

1. Stereo is Nav, I dont know which one- I only have drivers door speaker working when I turn the truck on, when I hit the rear button for dual play the front speakers comes alive but agian the only one working is front (and sub )
I cant find the amp, heard its under head unit and possibly in rear, i looked cant find it. Where is it?

2. new tires added, I also degreased the motor, since then I have advtrac/abs on (no flashing 4x4 indicator) 4x4 works fine already tested.
Where can I go to look here? i cant scan ABS codes but this has to be common on our trucks as I see a boat load of comments but the unfortunate part is no (FIXES LISTED) Was told possibly if brake shoe is worn to the point of replacement this could trip this system.. is that possible? does it sense shoe depth? was told rear shoes might need replacement.

3. Looking for a vacuum line reference chart for location of all vacuum lines in the engine bay as I want to trace and replace all rotted lines.

4. I have the 5.4 triton. Am I going to have an issue with plugs? is this the motor with 2 piece plugs or the other that blows the plugs out? Anyone know if this motor in the 04 is a 3v or 2 v? Im not sure I just got this less then 5 days ago.

5. anyone give me a heads up on common failure issues?

6. anyone direct me to accessories for my rig? seems there are only a few accessories on sites like Amazon.com and the likes.

7.; can I put a newer (Factory headunit - Nav) in my rig or a rewire required?

I like to turn my own wrenches and have for most of my life learned the school of hard knocks as out of necessity. that being said not too much scares me. I'm looking to make some new friends as well. If your local Hit me up! I'd like to go wheeling too.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum You found the right place to be. Get yourself the factory service manual on DVD.
If interested send me a PM

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant find the amp, heard its under head unit and possibly in rear, i looked cant find it. Where is it? in the rear drivers panel...pop the top and look in

anyone direct me to accessories for my rig? seems there are only a few accessories on sites like Amazon.com and the likes. ebay...I went to the store a picked up truckin magazine or something similar to find the sites on the internet...just search for what u want and you'll find them...stylintrucks.com andysautoanything.com...I just search for what I want to find them

can I put a newer (Factory headunit - Nav) in my rig or a rewire required? yes you can...I HIGHLY suggest going to Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV and "outfit your car" then select everything for your truck and they will show you everything on the market today low and high pricing and everything will fit your truck guaranteed
QUOTE]

OP
OP
04ExpeditionEB

04ExpeditionEB

Reaction score
I cant find the amp, heard its under head unit and possibly in rear, i looked cant find it. Where is it? in the rear drivers panel...pop the top and look in

anyone direct me to accessories for my rig? seems there are only a few accessories on sites like Amazon.com and the likes. ebay...I went to the store a picked up truckin magazine or something similar to find the sites on the internet...just search for what u want and you'll find them...stylintrucks.com andysautoanything.com...I just search for what I want to find them

can I put a newer (Factory headunit - Nav) in my rig or a rewire required? yes you can...I HIGHLY suggest going to Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV and "outfit your car" then select everything for your truck and they will show you everything on the market today low and high pricing and everything will fit your truck guaranteed
QUOTE]

I had seen on the drivers side behind passenger seat an amp I was under the impression it was for the sub only... is that for all speakers? amp and cabin speakers? its small and sits on the sub enclosure?

Thank you for identifying some of the other items i am having difficulty with.

I have gone back out and looked again, while the stero was on, i pulled the connector and the only item that went off was the factory sub. so the main amp must be somewhere else.

Also just noticed that i have water dripping in from the vent window on that side. I guess ill be looking into new seal around vents in the rear. WTF.. how much that gonna cost?

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If u have an EB like me u have rear air on the passenger side...the rear sub is on the driver side...the amp for sub is on the sub enclosure in the panel...if theres an amp for the speakers it will be in the dash or u may be able to access it by removing the cup holder/coin tray piece...theres a screw in the coin tray...then pop everything off...I dont have amp for speakers in mine which is fine cuz I replaced my entire audio system anyway

OP
OP
04ExpeditionEB

04ExpeditionEB

Reaction score
What are the chances that i have 3 blown speakers? the two on the passenger side are not working and the one behind the driver is not working.

Could all 3 be blown?
how difficult is removing the door panels? i want to test with a good speaker to see if its bad.