New member here, possible head gasket leak 01 expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nerdwrench87

Reaction score
Ok so it appears now that it was still air in the system plus a bad thermostat. Put the old thermostat back in, jacked up the drivers side tire, and burped the system for an hour and a half. A LOT of air in it. Been driving it around for a month. No problems. Though the other day it did rise to hot, then suddenly drop back down when I floored it.

As I just replaced thermostat in F150 with same motor, a t-stat from the dealership, and it's working properly, truck is actually warming up and not freaking out, I'm going to try a ford thermostat for the expedition. It's got a cheapo pep boys 195f in it, that I suspect is a sticky one.

I'm thinking either that or the cylinder head temp sensor. Even the foreman at ford said there's no way it's overheating if it went from burning hot to perfect within seconds. Laws of physics deny that.