New model engine size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krazy_dan27

Reaction score
Im looking to get a new limited, they are all V6 Eco. I'm all about the V8! Is the new 6 just as good?

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im looking to get a new limited, they are all V6 Eco. I'm all about the V8! Is the new 6 just as good?

I hear the new eco gets better hp, mpg, and torque with the twin turbo V6... So yes I guess one could assume that it is better than the V8... But still id rather have a 5.0 v8 in an expy

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I ordered and bought a new 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4 last year. This was my first Ford in over four decades of buying GM and Chrysler vehicles. It has the 3.5 Ecoboost V-6 and I now have about 12,*** miles on it. Although it has the HD towing package, I have not towed with it.

The engine is very powerful, smooth and quiet (the vehicle is also very quiet). I was a little unsure if the engine would be sufficient for the vehicles size and weight, but I have been very impressed. With four or more people in the vehicle and the a/c on - the engine continues to be very smooth and powerful.

Old habits and preferences are hard to shake. I have also had the concept that only a V-8 will suffice - but this V-6 has changed my mind.

There have been some poor quality issues with the vehicle, which surprised me because it is an established model. In 2015, Ford made a variety of changes to the vehicle, which has carried over to 2016 and 2017 models.

I have driven a friend's 2011 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4 with the V-8 engine and it is not as powerful or smooth as the new V-6.

Last edited:

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my soon to be gone 150 4x4 crew cab has the eb engine and it is a power house, with really excellent mpg at real world speeds..75 and up.

i am hoping our new tomorrow 2016 el is going to be a just as good.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i can say the 5.4 in my 2010 F150 was horrible, low TQ
the Eco boost in the 2013 F150 was a rocket and full of TQ
the new expy after 100 miles today...WOW, i bet i can get a bit of rubber

the eco boost is a game changing engine, lots of tq and hp.
pulling a trailer (heavy) it does loose a bit of mpg..but overall...5**** stars

dantaylor

Reaction score
I've just upgraded from 2011 XLT Premium EL, to a 2015 XLT EL, with the 202a equipment package, and can safely say the reason I bought was that new engine and drive train.

Pick up is incredible, so much more fun to drive than the old Triton 5.6 V8, plus it is sooooo much quieter.

Still have the old one (for sale currently) and currently get to regularly compare, and I resent the fact my wife has the new one.